I. ID PRO’s Commitment to Your Privacy
II. Information Collected by ID PRO
III. Protecting Your Personal Data
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of Personal Data, we employ reasonable and current technical, administrative and physical safeguards. To protect credit card transactions while in transit, ID PRO currently uses commercially reasonable encryption.
IV. How ID PRO uses the Information It Collects
We use Personal Data to provide you with the products and services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, and to contact you about these services. This includes faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers and more relevant content.
ID PRO uses the information you provide to perform the services you purchase, including for example, to monitor your credit, search for information about you online, obtain your credit reports for you, freeze or unfreeze access to your credit information, help you update third parties in the event of a lost or stolen wallet, reduce the junk mail you receive and perform a criminal background check for you.
From time to time, ID PRO may contact you to request feedback on your experience using the Site, to assist us in improving the Site, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, as a Site user. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by using the hyperlink provided in these notices.
V. Sharing Your Personal Data
External Service Providers: When you use the ID PRO service to consult with a participating vendor or to take advantage of any of our other products and services, we may provide Personal Data to the vendor or other involved third-party. Please refer to the websites of third-party suppliers for their Privacy Policies and other important information.
ID PRO’s Third-Party Partners: In order to provide you with certain services, we may share your Personal Data with third party partners or require that you transact directly with a third-party partner. Third party partners consist of companies with which ID PRO has contracted in order to provide you with services or products featured on our Site, such as:
- Trust Guard Dispute Resolution
- AIG Insurance
Please refer to the websites of third-party suppliers for their Privacy Policies and other information on the suppliers. We may revise this list from time to time if we decide to offer additional services through these or other third-party partners.
ID PRO Agents: Many of the operations we perform require us to hire other companies to help us with these tasks. For example, ID PRO may hire companies to help us handle mail and e-mail, analyze the data we collect, market our products and services, handle credit card transactions and provide customer service. The companies we employ to help us with these tasks have access to Personal Data to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. ID PRO acts in good faith to require all agents to whom Personal Data is disclosed to enter into confidentiality agreements and to agree to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
Advertisements, Marketing Material and Other Offers: Unless you tell us that you do not want to receive these offers and subject to applicable law, ID PRO or those companies that we have a commercial relationship with, may occasionally send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these advertisements, marketing material or other offers, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where required by law, we will seek your consent prior to sending you any marketing materials. To the extent allowed by law, the provision of your email and phone number to us constitutes your prior express written consent, and electronic signature, authorizing us to contact you at that email address and phone number, including through the possible use of an automatic telephone dialing system or artificial or prerecorded voice, live calls and text messages, for both promotional and informational reasons. You agree that this consent may be assigned by us to third parties and affiliates. You are not required to provide such consent in order to make a purchase as you can always contact us directly to arrange an alternate purchase method. By providing your telephone number to us, you certify that this is your own number that you own, and not a line owned or used by another, and that you will immediately notify us if your number changes or is reassigned. You agree to indemnify us if this is not the case and if the future owner or user of the number makes a claim against us for contact at that number. You may opt out of such contact at any time and through any of the reasonable methods outlined herein. A copy of ID PRO’s written No-Not-Call Policy will be provided upon request.
Compliance with Law and Other Disclosures: ID PRO reserves the right to release Personal Data in order to comply with applicable law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us. We may also release Personal Data to enforce or apply the terms and conditions applicable to our products and services, protect us or others against fraudulent or inappropriate activities, or otherwise protect the rights, property or safety of ID PRO, our affiliated companies, our customers, or others.
THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that California residents may (subject to certain limitations):
- Request the personal information we collect about them.
- Ask that we delete the personal information we collect about them.
- Opt out of having their personal information sold (We do not sell California residents personal information. We disclose certain information to third parties to support service when an order for service is placed).
Do not Sell My Information
Exercise Your Privacy Rights
When we receive your information, we’ll use it to verify your identity and review your request. You can only submit one type of request at a time. Need to make more than one request? Complete a new submission form for each request.
- Request the personal information we collect about you.
- Ask that we delete the personal information we collect about you.
- Opt out of having your personal information sold, (We do not sell California residents personal information. We disclose certain information to third parties to support service when an order for service is placed and California law treats such sharing as a “sale” even if no money is exchanged.)
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING REQUESTS TO OPT OUT OF SALES
If you submit a request to opt out of having your personal information sold, we will the use the information you provide to verify your identity. After verifying your identity, we will associate the information you provided with information we hold to prevent further sales of that information.
Making a Request
Click here to make a request online. A working email address is required to complete your request online. Call 1-800-336-8757 to speak to a representative if you don’t want to provide an email address.
For each request you submit, we’ll send a verification email to the email address you provided. This may take up to 72 hours. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it. You’ll have 3 days to verify your email before your request expires. If you don’t, you’ll have to submit another request.
If you are making a request on behalf of another person, please send your request to email@example.com and include the following information about you and the person on whose behalf you are making the request: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. You should also provide proof of your authorization to act on the other person’s behalf. We will contact you for additional information once your request has been received.
VI. ID PRO’s Policy Concerning Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, which enable a website to “personalize” itself for each user by remembering information about the user’s visit to the website.
ID PRO Cookies (First Party Cookies): We, at ID PRO, may use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we use a cookie to reduce the time it takes for you to submit purchase requests by storing a registered user’s e-mail address so that the user does not need to enter their e-mail address each time that they log-in to ID PRO. We will also use a cookie to keep track of your search criteria while you are engaging ID PRO. ID PRO cookies are associated with a user’s Personal Data. However, no third party may use the information we collect through our ID PRO cookies for their own purposes.
Third Party Cookies: We work with third-parties that place cookies on our Site to provide their services, including:
- Ad Targeting: We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our Site and permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this Site. These companies may use information obtained through their cookie (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our Site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
- Analytics/Measurement: We also use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the Site, to find out what works and what does not, to optimize and improve our websites and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our Site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags: In addition, we may share web site usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Site and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Site. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on ID PRO during earlier browsing sessions.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party cookies, here are some options:
- If you would like to opt-out of ad targeting cookies set by Google, please click here: https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads?hl=en
- In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Anonymous Device Identifiers and Hashed IDs: We and/or data providers that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a data partner may collect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, or to data passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. However, we will share your email address solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser or applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings, or follow instructions below.
- Android Users (version 2.3 and above): To use the “opt-out of interest-based advertising” option, follow the instructions provided by Google here: Google Play Help.
- iOS users (version 6 and above): To use the “Limit Ad-Tracking” option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center.
Please keep in mind that, without cookies, you may not have access to certain features on our Site, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web sites, including the ID PRO web site, by requiring that, for example, you enter your login name when you return to that web site.
VII. How You Can Access or Change Your Personally-Identifying Information
ID PRO understands that you may want to change, access or delete your Personal Data. You may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-351-6902. To protect your privacy and security, we may need to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personally-identifying information. Any request to access your personally-identifying information will be answered in less than 30 days. If you have registered your profile on any of the services available on our Site, your e-mail address and password are required in order to access your profile information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. In addition, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Certain Services (such as the Protection Programs and Credit Monitoring Product) require payment by or on behalf of you, via a valid credit or debit card or other payment method, to us. By providing such payment information to us or permitting such to be provide on your behalf, you represent that you are authorized to request transactions using the payment method presented. You authorize and agree to make any required payments for the Services on a timely basis. In the case of any credit or debit card payment by you, you authorize us to: (a) submit a transaction using the card information provided to us; (b) submit automatic recurring transactions, including those on a monthly or annual basis for membership renewals; and (c) obtain automatic updates for cards provided to us. You may cancel your membership at any time by phone at 1-888-351-6902 or through your member portal. You further acknowledge and agree that, subject to our then current member authentication procedures, another adult member enrolled on your account may authorize changes to the account, including without limitation to the form of payment, or to the Services including termination of membership or changes that may result in additional charges. In all cases, you are personally responsible for any applicable state, federal, or other taxes that may be associated with your purchase of the Services unless noted otherwise and we may collect all applicable sales taxes.
IX. Children’s Privacy
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use any services on our Site without direct parental supervision and we do not intentionally collect information from minors.
X. How to Contact ID PRO.
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please send an email to email@example.com or by calling 1-888-351-6902 during normal business hours. Mail to ID PRO should be sent to: PO BOX 201556, BLOOMINGTON MN 55420, US. Be aware that email is not guaranteed to be a secure means of communication.
Last Revised: April 2021